Re: originality, part 2, sacrilege

To: Adrian <adrian@utk.edu>
Subject: Re: originality, part 2, sacrilege
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:43:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Adrian wrote:

> Ron Soave wrote:
> >

> > > Does adding convenience features such as power windows mean the car is a
> > > Miata?  I wonder if that's all I have to do to make my Midget worth
> > > $10k?
> >
> > You can always try.
> >
> > Price and worth can be two different things, though.  I sold a Miata to get
> > a Bugeye, my sixth LBC (well, 4 LBC's, 2 not so little BC's).  I'll never
> > own another Miata, but there will be more Bugeyes!
>
> I dunno...I am of the opinion that if a Datsun 5-speed conversion
> doens't make people think "Miata" then two things that don't really
> require any car alterations such as power windows and air conditioning
> sure as heck don't mean "miata."  I mean, which parts can we and can't
> we change?
>
> adrian

I feel this way about my Spridget. It's my damn car and I'll do anything
to it that I want. The purists can just deal with it. If they want to
drive a totally stock car, that's fine. I'm not going to criticize them.
It's their damn car and they can NOT do anything to it that they want.

* Tom Shirley                                             *
* Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)              *
* 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)     71 MG Midget       *
* Visit the Nickel & Dime Racing website at               *
* http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080        *