Re: Mintex brake pads (from Moss?)

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Mintex brake pads (from Moss?)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:24:32 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Moss sells some Mintex brake pads but can't tell me which compound they
> are.  They claim the Mintex part number is D84RM. Has anyone bought these?
> Price is ~$36.
>
> Is anyone using Mintex pads on the street?  What do you think of them?
>
> Thanks,
>     Ulix                                                    __/__,__
> .......................................................... (_o____o_)....
>                                                            '67 Sprite

Ulix and other interested people

>From what I've heard the Mintex brake pads work great once you heat them up.
>You will not
stop at that first stop sign near your house.
For the track they are great. For the street they are no good unless you live
in Manhattan
(NY).
I can not personally report on these but 2 others have told me the same thing,
they
switched back to semi metalic and/or asbestos.
--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites