Re: Boiled the Tank

Subject: Re: Boiled the Tank
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:39:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 jphender@soli.inav.net wrote:
> Just to be cautious, I double filtered  the lines.  One at the tank and
> one before the carbs.  If I still have trouble with the tank I'll probably
> buy new (~$100) because I got mixed reviews when I asked about sloshing
> compounds.

Jim,
In case you do get a new tank, inspect it carefully. My new tank had some
surface rust (!) in it and I am having some carb clogging problems about
twice a year or so.  Not as bad as the old tank, but annoying after
getting a new tank.
Also, the $20 super-duper filters sold by Summit Racing for instance that
are supposed to filter very small particles actually work.  A regular fuel
filter will do nothing to filter out that super-fine rust dust that you
probably found in your fuel bowls.

                                                           '67 Sprite