5-speed Speedo Cable

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <rivergate@compuserve.com>
Subject: 5-speed Speedo Cable
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:34:13 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This is a request for help in knowing how to fit the SPEEDO cable involved
in the Rivergate 5 speed conversion.  Have read the instructions and am
still struggling on basics.

1.  Which cable do I use:  Datsun or Sprite?

2.  If I am to use the Datsun cable:
(a)  Just how do I get the Sprite coupler on to the cable at the speedo
end?  Or do I somehow adapt the Datsun coupler?

3.  If I am to use the Sprite cable:
(a)  Isn't it too short?
(b)  The cable itself at the tranny end does not have the shape that will
couple to the tranny right; it needs a protrusion on one side to do so.  Or
what am I not seeing?

Thanks,

Daryl