Re: Bearings - how tight - reply to all

To: "Les Myer" <lmyer@qtm.net>, "Brian Evans" <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Bearings - how tight - reply to all
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:33:43 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Agreed - can't resist my .02 - nothing like a micrometer with a vernier
scale to the nearest .0001
inch.  Plastigage won't do that for you.  Also, mics are easier to
use and look bitchin' in a felt lined machinist's tool box, too.  As
Brian's $2000 oops demonstrates, a little up front time and money is an
excellent investment, and I think it's safe to say if it can happen to
someone with his experience, it will happen to us shadetree guys as well on
MUCH looser tolerance engines.

Ron