a new member of your list

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: a new member of your list
From: Frmjr45 <Frmjr45@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:24:29 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,
   I just recently joined your list. I have a 1962 Midget, Gan 1L 1440. I have
owned this vehicle since Dec. 1963. It has around 123K on it(the speedo cable
was broken for several months back in the ' 70s). I have the original engine,
trans, diff, and even the rear compartment cushion.( I also have the original
steering wheel, which is a story in itself.) The BMIHT says the car was built
between 10-21 July 1961.
    Since I have had it since it had 18,000 miles on it, and it had been
untouched or modified by its PO, I have been used as a reference for questions
about originality over the years. I have saved stuff in the basement like the
old rear carpet material, the gila monster hide front mats, 2 undamaged Ace
Mercury wheel disks, and a variety of other crap.
      I live in the Baltimore area, and hope to hear from some Spridget owners
near me. I bring my car to British Car Day in Bowie, Maryland every year. ( It
is white with a black interior.)
      From reading this list over the past few days, it looks to be a valuable
source of info, and I hope that I can be of help to someone as well.  I have a
lot of experiences over the years that may be helpful/humorous, or whatever.
                                                    Russ