Re: Probable Cause

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Probable Cause
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:46:23 -0500
Cc: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Billy Zoom wrote:

> > I primed and painted my flywheel too
> Even the clutch surface??

DUHHHHH!!!! NO.
I block sanded the paint off the clutch area.

Well my old Sprite is all better, no more leak, runs like a top almost.
Just have to redo the dizzy drive, I missed by a tooth (I hope) or I missed
the timing chain marks by a tooth. Either way they are easy fixes compared
to warped flywheels.

I took it out for a test drive tonight, logged on about 20 miles (no top
and it's cold out) No oil leak, no vibration. I better not have any
problems since it is a totally different engine.
This engine was seized up Saturday when I picked it up, now it runs just
about perfectly. And the 5 speed is nice without a horrific vibration.

Thanks to all who tried to help with my previous problems.
Thanks to all who put up with my complaining in the past two weeks.
I'm a happy Sprite driver again.

Now the next project....My son blew first and reverse out of the wife's
Sprite. This should be a piece of cake compared to what I just went
through.
--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98