Bugeye Speedo Calibration?

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye Speedo Calibration?
From: chasdoug@gte.net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 20:55:06 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Now that I can actually drive my bugeye, I had my wife pace me, since
the speedometer was obviously WAY off.

It reads about 45mph (not real steady, so that's approximate) when I'm
actually doing about 30mph.

Is there any calibration, or is it possible the PO put a wrong part in
that would cause that kind of error?  The speedometer itself looks
original, or at least vintage.  It appears to be a smoothcase tranny
(going by the pictures I've seen) even though I'm not sure it is the
original.

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA