Re: 5-spd reviews?

To: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: 5-spd reviews?
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:21:04 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Welcome Ed,

CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

>   I have only been on this list a couple of days now and am impressed with
> the lack of back-biting.  Sounds like a fun group!  :-)

Yep, we have our moments, but considering we have Healey and MG, Bugeye and 1500
Midget, purists and hotrodders, we do really good.

> sion. What are this groups' opinions on the good/bad features of the different
> kits available?

I think that most everybody agrees that in the long run, the 5 speed kit is a
winner.  The Mini Mania kit, and the one from Rivergate are the same kit, and
very
few trouble have been noted.  There was an issue with 948's with oil seal, but
besides that most everyone likes it.  There are kits (that are probablly not
available in the US right now) that use a Toyota or a Ford tranny, these require
major modification.

This is a modification I am personally planning on doing, but the car is not in
the shape that it is a pressing issue at the moment.

> Or, if there is a faq list with this already in it, point me
> to it and I'll read that before wasting space on repitition here. :-)

We've grumbled about one before, I had a big start to one myself, but a hard
drive
crash ended that...

Take care,

Patton

--
Patton Dickson---Dallas, TX---1967 A-H Sprite---H-AN9-L/69437
My Sprite Site http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html

Hey LBC'ers come to Spriterush - Carlisle PA, May 11-14
Go to http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut for more information
Sprites-Midgets-Minis-Minors-Big Healeys-MG's other BMC models are welcome.