Re: Stumble on Startup

To: chuck <chuckc@ibm.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stumble on Startup
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:05:19 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Hey Y'all,
>
>Got the engine/Datsun tranny back in with the new seal. No Leaks!
>
>Got the custom speedo cable in. Works great!
>
>Got the balanced driveshaft in. No vibration! 75 MPH is a breeze now.
>
>BUT ... The engine now stumbles slightly when I'm first starting in 1st
>gear.  Just a little bobble, like the accelerator pump needs work, but I
>don't think the 2 SUs got accelerator pumps. Any suggestions before I
>tear into the timing and carbs yet again?
>
>chuck

It could be the state of the oil in the dashpots. The characteristics
imparted to the SU carb setup by the dashpots is functionally equivalent to
an accelerator pump (just repeating what I've read on this list). Does they
have any oil? Did you use the equivalent of 20 wt oil (ATF, motorcylce fork
oil, Marverl Mystery Oil, etc?).

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis