Aligning drive shaft

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aligning drive shaft
From: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:07:31 -0600
Cc: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
With the help of a friend, and PO of my 78 Midget 1500, we disconnected
the rear of th drive shaft to replace the U-joints. After disconnecting
this, I suudenly remebered that my Haynes manually said to mark where
the shaft and the differential connected. Having failed to do this on
the rear. We did mark it on the front of the drive shaft when we took it
apart.

Can anyone tel me (us) how critcal this is and, if it is imperative that
it goes back exactly the same way it came out, what we can do about it
now?

Thanks in advance

Dick Watson
'68 & '78 Midgets