Re: 1098 Head

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1098 Head
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:23:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:22:49 -0500
>To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
>From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
>Subject: Re: 1098 Head
>
>The info below is true - the 295 heads are considered the best small bore
heads - but watch out for combustion chamer size.  These heads are designed
to run with flat top pistons, and in a 948 might give very low compression.
I think they are 28.5cc or something like that.

>Brian
>

>At 12:13 AM 2/19/98 -0500, you wrote:

>>Hi,
>>      The1098 heads are better, not only bigger valves but also larger
ports,and open chambers(not shrouded like 948's.  The best are the 206 head
and then the 295 head I don't know production years for these heads.  Use a
1098 fel-pro head gasket.  Obvious difference is that 1098 heads have a plug
on the right side near the front that could be used for temp sending unit
948's don't.