photos needed of early bugeye bonnet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: photos needed of early bugeye bonnet
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 23:13:57 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am in the process of restoring a very early bugeye and am at the stage
now where I am ready to sandblast the bonnet for rust repair/repainting.
It is obvious that several P.O.'s have screwed around with the front of
the bonnet and gotten creative with hacksaw and hammer. I want to return
the sheet metal around the inside of the nose to original condition.

Here is my problem: all the books (including Horler) talk about the
shrouding being simpler (read different) on the very early cars than on
the later cars. Horler simply states in his book "Ducting panels added
to the bonnet to direct air into the radiator". I need for someone out
there who has an early car (built before Sept. 1958 and before chassis
#4695) and is reasonably sure of the originality of the bonnet, to take
10 or 12 pictures and send them to me. I will, of course, pay for the
expenses of film and postage etc.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel Thompson
AN5L612