Re: steering rack lubrication

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: steering rack lubrication
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:36:06 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Fairly long discussion about this a few weeks ago.  manual calls for gear
oil, the best choice is gear oil, if you have a reasonable grease gun you
can remove the grease cartridge, pour oil in the body and pump the oil into
the rack.  Grease doesn't travel throughout the rack in the same way that
oil does, but those who have used grease don't seem to suffer from it.

I personally poured new oil into the rack when it was off the car, but thats
just me...Brian