Re: phone number of AH Spares

To: "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>
Subject: Re: phone number of AH Spares
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:33:59 -0000
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill
AH Spares are about 15 miles from here. I think you've put in too many
numbers. I don't know what you dial from the US to get an international
line - but your phone book should tell you. Once you've done that dial 44
for England followed by 1926 which is the area code and then 817181. The
zero (0)1926 is for long distance calls only WITHIN the UK. It's all part
of British Telecom's confusion programme for unwary visitors from overseas!
The full number you need from YOU is 44 1926 817181. Don't ring now, it's
22.35 and at least 5 hours ahead of New York. Don't know where you are - so
you may have to add on a few more hours.
Regards
John Macartney

"A fine work, Master Shaykspear
..but I doubt me if 'tis commercial."