Hey!!! Did I screw up???

To: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hey!!! Did I screw up???
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:06:19 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey folks,

When I was finishing up my front end work  today I came across a
curiosity.  The Tie rod ends that I am putting on the car have no zerts,
like the later 1275-1500 types.  Everything lines up fine, and they fit
snug in the holes for the steering arms that I have in there.

I have another set of steering arms that have a smaller diameter hole,
they came off the wire wheel donor car, so that must have been the later
steering arm then.  Both sets will fit on my spindles, and they line up
the same.  The only visible difference is the hole.

So I guess my point, if it all fits ok, am I ok to use these?  Do I just
have an aftermarket tie rod that was built like the later ones, but
still OK to use?  Do the later tie rods fit the early rack, if so, is my
car ok that way...

I really would hate to have this car lose control when it finally runs
again.

Thanks,

Patton
--
Patton Dickson---Dallas, TX---1967 A-H Sprite---H-AN9-L/69437
My Sprite Site

Hey LBC'ers come to Spriterush - Carlisle PA, May 11-14
Go to http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut for more information
Sprites-Midgets-Minis-Minors-Big Healeys-MG's other BMC models are
welcome.