Steering Wheel Prices

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Wheel Prices
From: bhndrson@west.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:35:44 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I just had to chuckle at Chas Douglass' concern over the price of a MotoLita
(?) steering wheel in Moss.  No chuckle directed toward Chas, but the fact
that the wheel cost 'only' $200.  I recently picked up a very nice 1965
Porsche 356C Coupe (don't spam me yet - I also have a 1969 Sprite in pretty
decent shape AND I'd be the first to admit that when push came to shove, I
wouldn't bet against the Sprite in a game of Chase the Twisties).  Now for
the little factoid that will make many of you glad you are into LBCs and not
Germanic iron: my 356 came with a period wooden steering wheel by Les
Leston.  The replacement cost is $1300 according to several restoration
sources.  Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Bruce Henderson
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1965 Porsche 356C Coupe