Gas Pedal makes HUGE difference!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Pedal makes HUGE difference!
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:18:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hallo Spridgeters

Just wanted to fill you in on my latest mod.

I got tired of the "Organ Pedal" style throttle pedal.  It has several
pieces all of which wear and get sloppy.

I pulled the pedal, hinge, linkage, etc and made a nicely shaped aluminum
pedal to fit out of some extrusion I had laying around.  Carefully
adjusting (read...BENDING) the old linkage to get the pedal just the
right height and spacing for heel and toe..or in my case big toe/little
toe.

The driveability improved.  What I thought was driveline lash was sloppy
linkages feeding strange inputs to the carb.  It really feels much
better.  Perfect spacing for my fat feet to just be able to blip the
throttle so I can double clutch into first.

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA
1973 Midget  1275    '88 240 Volvo   '92  F150    '74 Midget  1275
(apart!)
Central Virginia MG Classics, AMGBA, VMSC