Re: K & N air filters

To: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com
Subject: Re: K & N air filters
From: Trummel <trummel@caa.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 98 10:49:29 -0500
Cc: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Please allow me to jump in here for just a moment with a
couple of words about buying parts from overseas from
someone who's been there, done that:

First, you may end up paying duty.  You also may not.  No
hard and fast rules, but generally the bigger and "more
interesting" your order, the more likely that it will be
intercepted by Customs, delayed, and you will pay something.
This can negate some or all of your anticipated savings.

Second, returns are a hassle.  International postage is
generally expensive and usually slower, and of course you're
then dealing with people a long ways away who know that you
won't be "in their face" anytime soon.

I'm not saying don't do it, and I'm not saying that I don't
do it myself on rare occasion, but there is a downside to
the apparent bargain prices on parts purchased off shore.

Good luck.
Reid