Re: screws for bugeye mirror

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: screws for bugeye mirror
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:49:01 -0800
Cc: "'dingram@tnet.net'" <dingram@tnet.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> According to the factory parts manual, these screws are # RMP308. This
> means (listers correct me if I am wrong) that they are , roundheaded,
> countersunk, plated 1/2" long and 10/32" diameter (?).

Daniel...

That is half right, for the left side of the mirror is attached to the
body with RMP0308.  However, the right side of the mirror is attached
with "Stud-dash panel" fastener, nut, washer, and lock-washer.  This
fastener is used to fasten the right center corner of the tonneau
cover.  For some obscure reason, this minor detail was omitted from the
original parts manuals.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California
Frogeyes AN 5L/762,  AN 5L/6893