Re: a few misc. questions

To: <CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM>
Subject: Re: a few misc. questions
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 22:30:46 -0500
Cc: <howarth@pulsenet.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The headrests are retained in the seatback by a flat piece of metal at the
bottom of the headrest support.  This piece of metal is a flat spring that
is cut at an angle on one end,  which sticks out on one side of the
support.  As the headrest is inserted into the seat back, the angled edge
of the spring rides across the top edge of  a bracket, which compresses the
spring.  When the spring passes the bottom edge of the bracket, it pops out
again, locking the headrest in place.  If the headrest is pulled up with
enough force, it is possible to either shear the spring or pull the
headrest off the support, but the headrest is not intended to be removed
once in place.  The only access to the spring is by removing the
upholstery.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain