two puzzles

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: two puzzles
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:01:39 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok I envy you for going to Sprite Rush, grin.

Here's two little puzzles:

a. Where and how on earth do I attach this nice
little quarterlight mirror (GAM-115) on my MkIII Sprite?

b. What is the purpose of the "aperture blanking plate",
item 2A265 on the lower front-left side of a 1275 engine,
namely 12V778 family? Is this to cover an alternative
mounting point for a mechanical fuel pump?

This plate is also on my 12V848 Marina 1275 engine. Now my
Sprite has the AUF214 electric fuel pump *but* the Marina
has the later mech type (same as in my 1978 Mini)

Does this mean I can get rid of the AUF214 every road gravel
likes to hit?

Evangelos
66 Sprite MkIII