ZS Carb Deceleration Bypass Valve

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ZS Carb Deceleration Bypass Valve
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:26:13 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
All:

Am having some difficulty with finding a carb part, the deceleration
bypass valve on my Zenith-Stromberg CD150 (federal 3962, '79 Midget)
carburetor.  The body of the valve is fine, as is the adjustment needle.
All I need is the diaphragm, but I cannot locate one (despite the
assistance of a very helpful parts guy at the local "Parts-O-Rama" --
gotta drop him a sixer for his help).    Moss and VB want right at $65
(with shipping to my home, they come to the same price).  Seems a bit
high, thus:

1.  Would anyone know of a reasonably priced replacement for the
deceleration bypass valve on the Zenith-Stromberg CD150 carburetor?

2.  Barring that, how about a replacement diaphragm for the valve body,
or a means of modifying some other diaphragm to fit the valve body?

3.  Anyone want to send me a used one for a very small fee if I pay
postage?  How about any complete/semi-complete/or 'mostly there' carbs?

Frankly, I don't care what the valve comes off off, so long as the piece
works.  I would prefer to have a set of dual SU's or Webers, but, as a
single father and full time student, my cash is short enough as it is....

Thanks,

Rich