Fuel pump problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel pump problem
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:59:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi gang,

Due to the fact that I'm too lazy to look it up in the manual, and the
list usually makes more sense, I'll run this one by you guys and gals.

After winter storage, the '74 won't start (normal occurrance after
winter storage, for me anyway).  The float bowls aren't filling, and I
don't hear the fuel pump running.  Since the fuel pump was new just two
summers ago, I'm guessing the problem is not the pump itself and may be
the wiring to the pump.  What is the proper procedure for testing the
pump and the wiring/connections?  I don't want to start probing wiring
around the gas tank without knowing what I'm doing, if you know what I
mean (Ka-boom!).

Is there anything else it might be?  Is my two-year old $80.00 fuel pump
shot already?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks!

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger