Life's good

To: "spridgeteers" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Life's good
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 18:37:02 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gotta tell someone - nobody at work gets British cars.

A colleague of mine (older fellow - 30 years my senior) is getting
re-married and his wife-to-be is extremely well-off.  She and her late
husband were / are Jag lovers.  She has a '97 XJ-6L and a 1971 E-type
coupe (last of the six cyl E-types) that she is original owner of.
The car lived its whole life in Southern California (Palos Verdes) and
is stunning, absolutely perfect.  She asked me if I'd like to keep and
drive the car to
keep mileage on it for the next month or so because she's "had a tough
time finding time to drive it".  She wants me to thoroughly exercise
it and let her know if I find anything wrong.  This is Nirvana for me
- a perfect garage mate for the Bugeye.

Now, if I can just talk her into a nice 100-6 that she can't find time
to drive....