Re: Don Adams' Tiger - WAS: LBC SOBRIQUET

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Don Adams' Tiger - WAS: LBC SOBRIQUET
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 08:58:32 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank Clarici wrote:
..
> Healey.Also one of the late show guys, (I forget if it is Jay Leno or David
> Letterman) has a bunch of LBCs.
> I don't know this for a fact, it is just what I have heard.
>
> Frank

Well, my ex-girlfriend's Father used to work the Late show with Jay
Leno, and ther is a rathher humourous story about him and the grille
from a Rolls Royce.  it seems the grille was looking a bit shabby, so
Jay had It removed, boxed it up and shippped it to Rols Royce, asking
for it to be "re-chromed".  Time passes, and eventoually the grille
returns, nicely repakaged, but otherwise unchaged.  Along with the
grille is a small bottle of silver polish, a rag and a note that reads
"We are not accustomed to chroming over the real thing. You might try
polish"

Greg