Re: Anniversary Grille Badge

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anniversary Grille Badge
From: Jaral48462 <Jaral48462@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 08:35:03 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-04-05 01:50:17 EST, dauburg@worldaccessnet.com writes:

<< BTW everyone.  We out here in the far, far west were momentarily confused
by
 the badge's "centenial" dates of "1898 to 1988," but upon further reflection
 these are the birth and death years of DMH and not the hundred years since
his
 birth.  I wonder if anyone else was momentarily confused?
 Doug.>>

Very Good and Accurate observation Doug.  A couple of quick notes.  The
original DMH 100 Logo was with 1898 - 1998.  It was at the insistence of Bic
Healey that it be changed to 1898 - 1988 which is his Birth and Death dates as
you point out.  We included the Conclave 98  inscription which Commemorates
the 100 years.  Once Bic pointed that out in did make sense.  He

Also, the order for the Grille Badges will be placed to the manufacturer on
April 15th.  The quantity will be based on the amount of advanced orders we
receive prior to that date plus a limited amount which will be sold at
Conclave Regalia.  We can not guarantee to fill orders placed after April 15th
or that every one that wants one will be able to buy it at Conclave.  Once
they are gone there will not be any more.  We do want to have them available
at Boyne Falls for the people that are not on the internet but that will be a
limited supply.  Once the internet orders reach an amount that will cut into
the On Site inventory will not be able to fill any additional orders.  If you
are thinking about ordering one or plan on buying it at Conclave I would
suggest that you take the opportunity to place your order on the internet.
All orders received through the internet prior to April 15th ARE guaranteed.
After that it's first come first serve.

The response has been excellent.  Where would we be without this Cyber
Monster?

Thanks to all that have responded.  Order form is at the Conclave 98 Web Site.
                http://members.aol.com/jaral48462/index.html

Ron Mitchell
Ortonville, Michigan
Web Master Conclave 98