Re: Midget Progress

To: transerv@sprynet.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Progress
From: Stan Fickes <fickes@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:39:30 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert-
Congratulations on getting Katy going!

Turning the nut upwards is leaning, downwards is enrichening.

If you have a hole in the manifold, that's a vacuum leak.  Correct me if
I'm wrong, but that should either be plugged or connected to something,
like a PCV valve.

If you managed to tune the carbs at idle with the nipple open, you've got
the mixture set too rich higher in the RPM range.  Plugging the hole makes
the mixture richer, therefore the engine gets rough.  Plug the hole, then
retune the carbs without the vacuum leak.

Happy wrenching!  sf

At 09:33 PM 4/5/98 -0700, transerv@sprynet.com wrote:
>[...]
>I think I'll invest in a color tune or a flow meter...any suggestions on
which?
> Also, turning the adjustment nut on the bottom of the SU uo towards the
bottom
>of the carb, thats leaning it right?
>
>Another thing, my intake manifold has two nipples (no jokes) with the
vacum tube
>running to the dist. on one, and nothing on the other.  If I put my finger
on
>the other, the engine begins to stumble and almost die.  What does this tell
>me???
>[...]
>Robert Houston
>74'Midget, Katy
Stan Fickes        '65 Austin Healey Sprite
Software Engineer  '57 Chevrolet Bel Air
I-Cube, Inc.       '51 MGTD, '25 MG 14/28