RE: Temperature gauge

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Noel, William M'" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: RE: Temperature gauge
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:11:05 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

>"The temperature part of the gauge has a wire that is wound around a core
>that extends about 11/2" out of the back of the gauge.  The wire is broken
>at the farthest point from the back of the gauge.  The wire, I think, must
>go to the temperature sensor.  Can I just resolder it when I find the wire
>connecting to the sensor?  If not, do I need a new/rebuilt gauge with the
wire extending to the temperature sending unit?"

That's not a wire! it's a capillary tube. And once it's broke you must
replace the whole thing. I think you can disassemble the gauge and
remove the "sending unit" portion. I don't know if you can get a
replacement.
As far as the oil line goes, I would use copper tube. I just bought some
at pep boys for the vacuum advance.