Re: Seat Belts and Fast Idle

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts and Fast Idle
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 13 Apr 1998 21:20:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net> writes:
>As for the fast idle problem:  I don't know about those with SUs but for
>folks having this problem running the single Stromberg carb, check the
>deceration bypass valve.  It's a little tower on the front side (towards

        On SU's it's a spring-loaded valve on the butterfly.  With age
these sometimes get weak and open too easily.  An old trick is to solder
them shut (which can cause backfiring on overrun, note, just like older
sprites).

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com