Re: Over Driving the Clutch

To: "Chuck Ciaffone" <chuckc@ibm.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Over Driving the Clutch
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:41:54 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chuck

I followed that thread and was worried about it when I finally got mine
installed. Mine is on a 948 and I used the slave supplied by Rivergate with
the stoch 7/8 Bugeye MC.  No problems.  The pedal is slightly stiff but I
can press it to the floor and it works fine.  I removed most of the travel
from the pedal by adjusting the stops and the pushrod depth at the MC. I
also screwed the slave cylinder rod out (nut in, moves rod out) as far as it
will go to give the fork as much free travel as I could get. Don't know if
the later cars had the MC adjustment or not. You may be able to help it by
playing with whatever adjustments that you do have. It does appear that no
two cars react the same to this conversion.

Larry Miller