Re: Newly Purchased Midget

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Newly Purchased Midget
From: "Robert B. Houston Vice President of Sales Transervicios S.A. de C.V." <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:26:33 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
To: spridgets@autox.team.net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 1998 3:41 AM
Subject: Newly Purchased Midget

>As the subject line states, like Dave D., I've just purchased a new (to me,
>of course) MG Midget.  It's a 1974 model with the splite chrome bumper and
>round wheel arches.  I'm psyched as you can imagine.  Does't need any
>immediate work to buzz around town, but there are a few small things I'll
>be doing to it soon.

Wow Dave, sounds just like Katy!  I got her a couple of months ago...she was
a driver, but she still needs a few things...and being British and 24 years
old....things are still breaking as we speak (or as I drive rather).

>Now to go dream of being back on the road in a Midget.  I say "back on the
>road" as my first car at age 17 or 18 was a 1963 Midget.  Twenty years
>later I'm back in the saddle again.  Yeeehawww!

Yep, my first sports car (third car) was a 65 Midget...took me away to
college.  I put about 30,000 miles on it the first year, and basically wore
it out.  Dreadfully abused with up to six of us in it going for coffee off
campus, and three of us on a 200 mile road trip!

Congrats and happy rememberances....I still grin every time I sit in it and
drop the top.  Getting in and out, especially with the top up is harder than
it was in 1968, but the cars have probably shrunk and gotten closer to the

Robert Houston
74 Midget "Katy"