Re: DPOs and fire extinguishers/update

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DPOs and fire extinguishers/update
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:35:03 -0400
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Amazingly the Midget is back on the road after the wiring fire disaster!
It took most of the day Sunday and all day Monday to remove the damaged
wires and run new high quality wires and new Lucar connectors. When I
got the harness apart I found all manner of crappy splices; scotchlock,
cheap crimp on connectors, wires just twisted together, you name it.
Seems that one of the connections to the rewired high beams grounded on
the steering column. It was raining on Sunday and NC law requires that
you drive in the rain with the lights on, as soon as I switched them on
the fire started.

So all is well now once again. Buy and carry those fire extinguishers,
they may just save your car. It definately saved mine!

Thanks for all of the generous offers for parts, looks like everything
is fine and survived intact.

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC