Vintage car races

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vintage car races
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@service.ball.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:17:53 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all ,
My wife and I spent all day Saturday watching sports car racing
at the old Staplton airport in Denver CO. We saw 6 or 7 Bugeyes and
maybe 4 or 5 Spridgets . From our vantage point
(just past some "S" turns and before a sweeping right hand turn) we
could really see how the cars handled. We noticed
that, other than a couple of Lotus Elan's and the formula cars ,
the Bugeyes / Spridgets were among the best handling cars on
the track . They would accelerate through the turns in places that other
cars would be braking or coasting .It was frightening
to see overpowered Vett's and Mustangs come into the corners
at warp 9 . (several lost control) We saw a TR-3 loose it in front
of us . An MG-B could not get out of the way (both received
moderate to heavy damage) too bad!!! Did I mention the wonderful sound
coming from the tuned 1275's .....
                                          Mark Hanna
                                          AN5L/13731