RE: Dash on 62 Mg Midget

To: "'Gregory Kirk'" <gkirk@pe.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Dash on 62 Mg Midget
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:22:54 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Greg,

My '61 (titled '62) Midget had red vinyl covering the dash originally  - it is
very thin and textured like leather. It has been dyed black to match the
interior that some PO put in years ago. It looks OK dyed, except that a little
red shows where I have removed and replaced instruments. If you're going to Dye
it, take the instruments off, it will come out better than if you try to mask
them. You can get a radio blanking plate too, if you need to cover a radio
hole.
I don't suppose you have the White steering wheel that would go with the red
interior do you? I'd go back to a red dash today If I could find a white
steering wheel. I'd trade for a black one.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget GAN1L2395