Bugeye Tacho

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bugeye Tacho
From: "Roger" <1roger@mailexcite.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:41:39 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello All,

I need some information on the potential to rebuild a Smiths mechanical tach for
a my '60 Bugeye.

While I was tuning on the car, I heard a pop.  After investigating, I noticed
that
the Tach was not working.  I pulled the cable, and it was shredded at both ends.

Since then, I have removed the Tach from the car.  I tried to spin the tach with
an extra cable I have, and it would not turn, although I did not force it.  How
hard
should it be to turn the cable input?  I am sure it is hosed.

I'm guessing they are a tremendous pain to rebuild and expensive to replace.
So,
if anyone has experience rebuilding these tachs, or knows of a place that
specializes
in it, or know of a reasonably priced replacement, Please let me know.

Any advice is appreciated.

Roger Hansen _T-:M:0