Too much smoke

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Too much smoke
From: Dave <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 10:22:35 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,
 I'm busily trying to resurrect my little midget before summer passes me by.
The engine was rebuilt five years ago and, as I was told, never "run in"
and has been sitting ever since.
I think I got the carb thing under control now but what I can't figure out
is where all the smoke could be coming from.
While warming up the exhaust is pretty smokey but when the engine temp is
up I get TONS of light colored smoke.(Neighbors are NOT happy) What could
cause this ?
I'm too new at this to know what to suspect.

Thanks,
Dave
'67 Midget