Sprite Rush 98

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sprite Rush 98
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:48:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers

I made it out and back with 3 Sprites, the A40 also made it both ways.
Minor troubles included; failed brake light switch on A40. No major problem
since I bought a NOS switch at Carlisle 2 days before.
I blew out my Apple rebuilt front shocks en route to Carlilse, I also bought a
good used set and changed them in the hotel parking lot.
Diane lost (left ) the gas cap from the A40 at a gas station along the rallye
route, I gave her one from a Sprite to get home and found a new chrome gas cap
at a local auto parts store for $4.50. (sure beats Moss prices) and it fits
perfect. Gates part # 31623 if anyone is interested.
Jeff driving PIECES lost a hub cap somewhere on the Pennsy Pike coming home.
And I wasn't home an hour when Amy called from the side of the road somewhere in
Virginia with a broken accelerator cable. I gave her my best advice and I hope
she overcame her problem.
All other Sprites with major troubles are in Amys report from the other day.
George Marinos had a minor tech problem while leaving this morning but Alan
patched him up before breakfast.
George also hurt his pride (not his Sprite) on our "SPRITELY" senic drive home
from Gettysburg, I'll let him tell the story if he wants too.   I saw you
George!
Congrats to all the winners (see Amy's posts)

Many thanks to Rick, Cindy, Terry, Ricks boys, and all who made Sprite Rush 98 a
huge success.

Many special thanks to Kevin Valentine for donating his time and skills and the
pictures of the cars to Sprite. Kevin, you are truly "one of a kind"

5 days of rain was quickly brushed off as "typical British weather" 2 more
perfect 80 degree days made the rainy days seem like they never happened,
besides, driving events in the rain are always a real blast! Can you say "soggy
peanut butter cup?"

My personal highlight was the that I was asked to pick up John Sprinzel
(Speedwell) from the airport. And I did indeed pick him up in a Sprite in the
pouring rain. We had a nice one on one conversation. I also asked him to be my
navigator in the rallye but when rallye time came, John was a bit under the
festivities. OK so I can't say I rallyed with John Sprinzel but at least I had
him in the navigators seat for about an hour and he did sign my dashboard.

It was nice to meet the faces behind the email and see their Sprites. I'm sure
many more cyber friends will be made at Sprite Spree 03!!! Now there is no
excuse not to make it, you have 5 years notice!!!
A week in May in 2003, mark your calender now!!!!

The most heartwarming "Special Presentation" was last night and that was a pair
of round trip plane tickets given to Rick and Cindy from all of us to Conclave
in Michigan, just our way of saying thanks.

Now I have to sort out all those parts and other goodies from the past weeks
events.
And read a lot of Email too!!!

ps   Les, I have a few goodies for you from Sprite Rush, I will be in touch.
It is probably better then anything anybody else has. PDLJMPR was mentioned in
just about every conversation held all week.

pss. John Sprinzel has agreed to chat with us on our chat line in the very near
future.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs