Re: Leaky carb

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Leaky carb
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 15 May 1998 23:19:18 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Les Myer <lmyer@probe.net> writes:
>well as seals it.  If the nut is overtightened or if the washer is not in
>place, the gland will not be properly compressed and a leak occurs.  Since
>the nut is tight, but the tube comes out and it leaks I must assume that
>the washer is missing or the gland is damaged (outside chance of damaged
>jet tube).  The gland/washer is available from VB for under $3.  My
>suggestion would be to order some new ones and try again.

        Also, make sure you removed the old rubber "doughnut" seal - I've
seen them left in there and another stuffed in on top.  (I think you're
calling it the 'gland'.)  Classic HS-series SU leak cause is a bad rubber
seal.  Don't crank down on the nut!  Snug is fine, or check the torque spec
if any.  I must admit it's one of the weirder (and poor) sealing
arrangements I've run across, but when used/maintained correctly it works.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com