Tacho cable

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tacho cable
From: Jim Rowan <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:27:57 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My tacho cable is toast. It's got all kind of cut/splits in the plastic
cover and looks terrible.
So I decided to order a new one. Simple right? Wrong. I ordered the
replacement from VB and
it looked great even had made in the UK stamped across it. Well, I removed
the old cable which I
noticed was quite a bit longer (foot and a half) than the new one. Put the
new one in and it's about 2 inches too short. Returned it and ordered
another one. Same problem. I've tried to make the route the cable follows
as short as possible, still too short. Are UK centimeters shorter than US
Centi's? Maybe they're Whitworth centimeters. Has anyone else had this
problem? It's gotta be a bad batch or something. I'm not gonna order a 3rd
one from VB maybe I'll try Moss.

More fuel for the "if it works, leave it alone even it if looks terrible"
argument.

Cheers,
Jim Rowan
60 Sprite