RE: Vancouver All British Field Meet - my first.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Vancouver All British Field Meet - my first.
From: Tim Osborne <timos@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:37:23 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey all,

There were *three* Sprites - but then again mine was *not* impeccably cared
for. ;)  I'm working on it, though, with a much nicer body shell getting
ready for prep and paint at home.  It was the red one with the sign "work in
progress" on it.

One "Special Sprite" had some strange door trim.  It also had fake wire
wheel covers over the stock discs which I have never seen before.  It's for
sale, a yellowish one with a racing stripe down the middle - the owner
claimed it went 180 mph, so caveat emptor. ;)

Outside of one "painted-duct-tape" Spitfire, which unfortunately (for my
ego) I didn't see, my car was by far the grungiest on the lawn.  However,
some of those beautiful concours deals didn't run as good as they looked -
one TD was sputtering along in a most horrific manner at the end of the day.

I've never seen so many Minis, there must have been at least 20 of them.  A
stunning Rolls or two, tons of Morgans and TDs, XK120/150s, E-types, it went
on and on and on.  Amazing.

Ulix supplied one of the cared-for Sprites - he's got that thing pretty much
dialed in, looks and runs great.  Those bugeyes looked super, too.  We (Ulix
and I and friends) had a super ride up from Seattle.  What a glorious summer
day.

My wife wants the XK150, I want the XKE roadster!

Of course, I *really* wish we could have driven to Sprite Rush too.

tim