Re: POR 15 question

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: POR 15 question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:56:48 -0400
Cc: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Patton Dickson wrote:

> Duck here comes Frank!!!!

Yup, here I am!

> I have not had good luck with POR15 but my brother said it worked fine and has
> been 5 or 6 years now with out any problem.I did a set of Sprite floorpans, it
> worked well, filled in all the pin holes, made it black, shiney, and semi
> solid. One year later the floor fell out! still black and shiney but I think
> the rust keeps eating away under the paint and to the edges where it finally
> does what is is supposed to, eat metal!

I do know that it is impossible to do body work or paint over the stuff at least
at home with basic tools, nothing sticks to it no matter what the instructions
say.
The POR 15 works to some degree, the other stuff Master Coat or whatever, does
not work at all.
I never used Coroless.
Maybe Patton is on to something with British iron?
Look at the bonnet on PIECES, those seems were done in POR 15 2 years ago, what
a waste of time and money.
Been there done that, still looking for the miracal rust cure.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs