The Mitsubishi Alternator conversion

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The Mitsubishi Alternator conversion
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:30:31 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am going to convert to an alternator using Frank's advice as found on
PDLJMPR. However, I only have the alternator itself (a Mitsubishi, from an '86
Mazda GLC) I don't have any of the wiring or the plug.  I can make up a plug
using spade connectors but I don't know which terminal is what. There are two
connectors, one parallel to the alternator shaft and one perpendicular to it.
Which of these is the Field (the one I connect to the indicator light) and what
is the other one and do I need to do anything with it? Is it Ground? Does it
ground through the case?  Advice is needed, I don't want to fry anything.
Thanks.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget