Re: Richmond British Car Show

To: jchurch@exis.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Richmond British Car Show
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:21:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 26 May 1998 23:55:49 -0700 "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
writes:
>Ric,
>Did you make it to the Richmond British Car Show?  I saw a belated
>reference
>to it on the Sprite List (I think).  I have heard of the show before,
>but
>never knew the details as to when and where.  I'm not sure if you know
>anything about it either, but since you ARE in Richmond, I figured you
>might
>know something about it.

I didn't make it...I was floating around the southern bay racing
sailboats.
It is put on by the Richmond Triu*ph club at a place called the Boulders
south of Richmond proper.  I heard it was pretty good and well
attended......but Berkley is better!!

>The only other close-by Virginia show I know of is the one at Berkley
>plantation.

A beautiful site (I am biased though..read on) and a great show.

Waynesboro in the fall is also nice and not too bad a drive from
Chesapeake if you stay off I64.

> I went last year (my first and only British car show) and
>had a
>blast.  Found some good dookey for the Bugeye too!  Again, I don't
>know if
>this is a regular event or if it has been scheduled for this year.

My Midget was the one with glass front fenders and the really wide wheels
under the flares.  White in color.
It is on for this year as well.  Details will be announced as the time
gets nearer.
The show is the third weekend in september due to NASCAR moving their
race back a weekend  (NO HOTELS DURING A NASCAR RACE ARE AVAILABLE!).

I will be posting to the list...but if you want direct E-mail or
specifics E-mail me direct and I'll let you know what I know.

>Can you provide me with any details on either of these shows?  Who
>knows, I
>might trust my Bug to make a relatively short trip like that (but
>hell, that
>could be risky too)!

Come on up....Saturday will be event filled with a driving
tour/rally.....Which I am in charge of planning..This is my first one,
but I have lots of help from the club members who did this in the past.

Party Saturday Night.

Show Sunday.

>BTW, did you make it to Sprite Rush?

No and I am kicking myself.  Couldn't leave the business that week.

>Jeff Church
>Chesapeake, VA
>AN5L11627

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA
1973 Midget  1275    '88 240 Volvo   '92  F150    '74 Midget  1275
(apart!)
Central Virginia MG Classics, AMGBA, VMSC