rear suspension bushings

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rear suspension bushings
From: Dwgwater@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:53:20 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Per previous advice from the list, I'm installing nylon moly rear spring
bushings in my 70 Midget (the 8 farthest aft)  (from The Winners Circle).  How
tight do I tighten the shackle bolts. None of my numerous manuals gives a
torque spec, and tightening very much at all seems to deform the bushings (as
memory serves, it did a real number on the rubber bushes I put in years ago,
so I backed off and left them just past finger tight).  suggestions??

Dave Groundwater