Re: New Starter

To: phubbard@carroll.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New Starter
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 05:40:25 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil have you checked to make sure the starter bolts are tight, They
sometimes work themself loose especially if someone neglected to use
lock washers. Also make sure the ground cable is clean and tight where
it connects from the battery to the body(tends to rust up). Clean and
tighten the cables from the battery to the solenoid and the solenoid to
the starter. Also  try attaching jumper cables from the ground terminal
of the battery to the engine to eliminate the possibilty that the engine
to chassis ground is bad(under the car on the passenger side from
motor/trans bolt to bolt under passenger floor). You can then try
jumpering the solenoid with a jumper cable to eliminate the possibility
of the solenoid being faulty (rare but has happened). If all this fails
then you probably do need a new starter. You might also want to hook up
a test light to the solenoid activation lead to make sure that the
ignition switch is powering the solenoid properly.

>Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 23:35:08 -0400
>To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
>Subject: New Starter
>
>Thanks to all who replied about my starter and where to get one.  Seems
Kar