Re: Off Topic Modern Sedans?

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Subject: Re: Off Topic Modern Sedans?
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 22:41:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mark:

Just my .02....

If all you're looking for is comfortable, dependable transportation,
then the Acura is a nice car.  Nice, reliable, economical, and great
resale value.... things I really DON'T look for in a car... because to
me style, performance, and character are of upmost importance.  In my
opinion, the Acura has only one of those characteristics: reasonable
performance.

You're right that there are really no American cars in this range...
except one newcomer.  It's the only American car I've been impressed
with in years: Oldsmobile Intrigue. I don't own one, but have put many,
many miles on an Avis model. Go drive one before you buy the Acura.

My personal favorite new car?  The Audi A4 1.8T Quattro.  About $24k
with the sport package and 5-speed.  Another $600 chips it to over
200hp.  I bought one of the early Audi rally cars instead, but the
practical choice would have been the A4.  (Frankly, I don't like the A6;
too heavy and too slow.)  Resale values and warranty are excellent and
the cars are much improved over the vintage I own.

Like I said, just my .02

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI
66 Corsa, 67 Dart GT, 70 Corvair Dune Buggy, 71 TR6, 75 MB 300D, 85 Audi
Quattro Turbo Coupe, 88 Bronco, 89 SAAB 900T Convert. and still looking
for that 1275 disc-braked Bugeye for $1000 or so.....