Re: used tranny prices

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: used tranny prices
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 06:23:17 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Tyson,
      Are you planning on swapping the transmission yourself, if not
here is a word of warning it can get expensive I have swapped in three
transmissions already in the past year. I have paid from 50 to 500 for
used transmissions (the 500.00 one included the whole car).And have
found them to all have similar problems, noisy in neutral, noisy in
first, pops out of different gears etc. So tomorrow I am off to Florida
to drop four gearboxes off at VINCO in Jacksonville and have him put
together a couple boxes out of them that I know are good because playing
musical transmissions has ceased to be fun, and I would rather drive it
than keep swapping transmissions. You can try just swapping them and you
might get lucky(I did'nt) at least put a new tailshaft oil seal on. Also
while you have everything out you might want to consider putting in a
new clutch if the old one has any appreciable wear on it.
Peter,
'59 Bugeye
'71 Midget
'70 MGB