Re: Driver's Side Fulcrum Pins Out!!!

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Driver's Side Fulcrum Pins Out!!!
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 22:05:49 -0400
Cc: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 6/6/98 8:31 PM so and so  Philip Hubbard said. (And I quote)

>Great news all!  I got both fulcrum pins out of the driver's side A-arms.
>Yippee.
Congratulations!!

>Ok, what next? I've quit for the night and am ready for some advice.  It
>looks like there is a metal sleeve still in the a-arm assembly as Mike S.
>pointed out.  My poly bushings are pretty thick.  Even I can see that I
>can't squish them in from the outside of the a-arms.  Am I supposed to
>swing the wishbone down, then pop the bushings on, then reassemble?  Or do
>I have to pound the sleeves out somehow?  I'm in a bit of a quandry here
>because this side had =no= bushings to begin with so I have nothing to
>compare with.  Absent any other advice I think (weather permitting) I will
>take the fulcrum pins out of the other side which will tell me how the
>whole thing looks when it is right.  The passenger's side has bushings.  :)

The A Arm swings down and the sleve should slide out.
>It's funny though.  In Moss and VB catalogs (and the Haynes manual) I don't
>see any metal sleeves.
'Cuz the in the bushings.

>If I ever finish this job, dare I tackle the trunion bushings or wheel
>bearings?  I'm seriously thinking of finishing these bushings and making a
Careful on the trunion bushes. You may need a king pin. Actaully the
trunions (if that is all you do are easier.

\>
>Thanks for all the help and moral support so far.  It has made =all= the
>difference in the world.
>
>Philip
>Burgundy 1974 Midget

Good luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?