Re: any spare horns?

To: Dustin Howarth <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: any spare horns?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dustin,
congrats on your 100% horn improvement.
As for the other 100%, one horn is a low-note and the other a hi-note.
Together they give a muuuuaaaaaah kind of sound - very pleasing to the
ear...
So check out which one is working so that you can get the right one.
MGB's use the same ones (hint) I think.
With the dead horn try the Ulix-fixit-trick:  throw it on the ground
pretty hard.  This often loosens a rusted contact in there and it will
work again.

Ulix

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Dustin Howarth wrote:

> hi all -
>
> After cleaning the contacts and doing a little circuit testing , I went
> from no horns to one working horn.  The other definitely does not work.
>
> Does anyone out there have a spare horn?  Do the two horns have slightly
> different notes, or are they adjustable?  Also, are they side-specific due
> to the way they mount?  If it matters, my bad one is from the passenger
> side.
>
> I don't know what they are worth -- I hope not too much!
>
> Thanks,
> Dustin Howarth
> '73 Midget 'Margo'  GAN5UD128862 G
> howarth@pulsenet.com